Register Today for the 2018 Annual Meeting (#OACP2018)
The OACP’s planning Committee for the 2018 Annual Meeting met this week and plans are coming together for what promises to be a great conference June 10 to 13, 2018 at the Deerhurst Resort in Huntsville, ON.
The theme for this year’s gathering of Ontario’s Police Leaders (#OACP2018) is “The Future is Now”. Sessions for this year’s event include:
- Keynote address by Halifax-based actor, writer, speaker, and social activist Bill Carr;
- Panel discussion on Ontario’s Community Hubs and where we are on delivery;
- Legal sessions on civil suits and the implications of the Safer Ontario Act and other important legislation;
- Update on OMERS;
- Under the Lens sessions. Session 1 will be an academic panel and Session 2 will involve a media panel. Both will address the topic of crisis & confidence in policing;
- The 2018 Provincial Election: What Now?;
- Have your say at the Town Hall session;
- Business plans for policing; and
- Closing Keynote Speaker, Major-General David Fraser (ret.).
A new mobile event app that delegates can use at the Annual Meeting will be announced soon. The app will allow delegates to view the speakers, sessions, sponsors, venue information, and more. It will also provide the opportunity for delegates to network and engage with one another.
Register today and benefit from the Early Bird Rate, a significant cost savings for all delegates. The early bird rate ends March 1st. For a list of the 2018 Annual Meeting rates, click here.