Positive Meeting with Ontario Human Rights Commission
OACP President Chief Antje McNeely, Past-President Chief Paul Pedersen, Executive Director Jeff McGuire, and Director of Government Relations and Communications Joe Couto had a very positive meeting with representatives from the Ontario Human Rights
Commission (OHRC) this week to discuss a number of important common issues. Among the issues discussed were:
- A joint initiative to provide police personnel with anti-racism tools;
- The OACP’s commitment to actively combat all forms of racism in policing, especially those impacting Black and Indigenous Ontarians;
- The development of regulations for the Comprehensive Police Services Act;
- An OHRC report on use-of-force issues involving the Toronto Police Service; and
- The OACP’s systemic racism fact sheet.
The OACP and OHRC agreed to continue to work together on common issues.