Member News – November 24, 2017
- The province’s first Anti-Racism Conference is taking place on December 1, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at the Beanfield Centre, 100 Princes’ Blvd., Ste. 1. Toronto, ON. Please contact Sara Alimardani, Director – Operations & Strategic Initiatives, at 416-212-7118 or Sara.Alimardani@ontario.ca to register. The Minister Responsible for the Anti-Racism Directorate, the Hon. Michael Coteau, is inviting Chiefs of Police and Chairs of Police Services Boards to attend.
- As the end of the year approaches, it is full-steam ahead for the OACP team, our Committees, and Board of Directors. Check out our Corporate Calendar for all upcoming meetings and events.
- The OACP team is already working on events for Spring 2018. If you are planning on organizing an OACP training event and have not connected with Darron Knebel (firstname.lastname@example.org), please do so ASAP. Our events calendar for 2018 is filling-up fast.
- The OACP’s 2018 Annual Committee Chairs meeting is taking place on March 27 and 28, 2018. The meeting provides our Committee Chairs (or their designate) with the opportunity to meet with the OACP’s Executive and staff, connect with your fellow Committee Chairs, and discuss the issues your Committee is working on. This annual meeting is also an opportunity for the OACP to express its thanks for all the hard work done by the Committees on behalf of Ontario's police services!
- Chief Mike Bellai will be sworn in as Chief of Police for the Saugeen Shores Police Service on Friday, December 1. The Swearing-in event begins at 10:00 a.m. and will take place at the Saugeen Shores Council Chambers, 600 Tomlinson Drive, Port Elgin, ON. A full program can be found here.
- Deputy Chief Bob Farlow with the Sarnia Police Service has announced he will be retiring at the end of May 2018
- On Thursday, November 30, 2017 at 1:00 p.m., the Ontario Police College (OPC) will be holding the OPC Basic Constable Training (BCT) March Past and Review Ceremony for classes BC-1721 to BC-1730. All police officers attending are requested to wear their No. 1 dress uniform. On this occasion, 223 recruits are expected to be marching past and OPC would appreciate knowing the number of officers and staff attending the ceremony from your service, along with their names. Please RSVP to Sherrie Tonks at email@example.com or by phone 519-773-4201. Deadline to RSVP is Friday, November 24.
- The Canadian Association of Chiefs of Police is once again helping host the 11th Canadian Public Safety Interoperability Workshop, (CITIG 11). This conference is taking place December 3 to 6, 2017 in Ottawa and will break new ground on key voice and data interoperability issues facing today’s public safety sector. The focus on information exchange, topic-specific discussion, and interactive break-outs aims to support and promote the transfer of best practices and experience, and the development of a more unified approach to public safety interoperability across the country, between nations, and internationally.
- The Royal Military Institute and Glenfiddich invite you to attending a dinner in support of Wounded Warriors Canada on November 27, 2017. Further event details are available here. To RSVP and to purchase tickets, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Job Posting: Deputy Chief, Hamilton Police Service
- Job Posting: Transit Safety Officer, Metrolinx
- Job Posting: Railway Police Constable, VIA Rail Canada - London / Agent de police ferroviaire, VIA Rail Canada-London
- Job Posting: Railway Police Constable, VIA Rail Canada - Ottawa / Agent de police ferroviaire, VIA Rail Canada-Ottawa