Member News – Janary 26, 2018
- The 2018 Police Week (#PoliceWeekONT) will be taking place from Sunday, May 13 – Saturday, May 18, 2018. The OACP will circulate more information about this initiative as it becomes available.
- A reminder to all OACP Committee Chairs that annual reports are due by February 23, 2018.
- Congratulations to our newest Deputy Chief, Leah Gilfoy of Orangeville Police Service!
- Ms. Christine McGoey has been named the new Chair of the Death Investigation Oversight Council.
- The Ontario Police College will be hosting the third annual Sexual Violence and Harassment Action Plan conference on February 21 to 23, 2018. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- The Alzheimer Society of Ontario’s Finding Your Way® program will be hosting a Forum on March 7, 2018, with a focus on living safely with dementia. The Forum will provide an opportunity for people living with dementia, care partners, families, professionals, and other key stakeholders to come together to talk about living safely with dementia. The Minister of Seniors Affairs, Dipika Damerla will also be in attendance. For more information, click here.
- The 2018 International Association of Women Police (IAWP) Conference is taking place from August 26 – 30, 2018 in Calgary. IAWP 2018 will address “leading change” in leadership, organizational culture, and subculture within policing. World renowned speakers will discuss recruiting, employment, and retention of employees from diverse background concentrating on race, culture, gender, religion, sexuality, and family status. To view the full conference brochure, click here.
- Job Posting - Police Services Board Administrator, City of Barrie
- Registration is now open for the 27th Annual Police Employment Conference hosted by the Police Association of Ontario. The conference is taking taking place on February 26-27, 2018. For more information and to register, please visit www.pao.ca