Early Bird Special: 2017 OACP Annual Meeting (#OACP2017)
OACP members are reminded that registrations are now being accepted for this year’s 2017 Annual Meeting (#OACP2017) in Waterloo, ON. Ontario’s police leaders will gather from June 11 to 14, 2017 at the Crowne Plaza Kitchener-Waterloo. The event will feature great networking opportunities, many educational sessions on issues impacting police leaders today, and the very best of what Waterloo Region has to offer.
Register by March 24 and take advantage of the early bird prices!
Proposed sessions for this year’s premier police community event include:
- In the Dark: Cyber Security and the Dark Web – How the Dark Web is affecting policing and how are the services protecting themselves;
- Policing 2027 – A panel of experts that will include Chief Mario Harel, Gatineau Police Service and CACP President will look to the future of policing and tackle such issues as Unmanned Aircraft Systems, autonomous vehicles, smart buildings, and Body Worn Cameras;
- Under the Lens - Come and hear different perspectives on the innovative techniques for using cutting-edge media and the impact of social media from top notch leaders such as Chief Constable George Hamilton, Ireland, Chief David Brown, Dallas Police Department, Chief Adam Palmer, Vancouver Police Department, Chief Jean-Michel Blais, Halifax Regional Police, Chief Edward Flynn, Milwaukee Police Department and Brigadier-General Robert Delaney, Canadian Military Police; and
- Toward an Ontario Cybercrime Strategy – Cybercrime challenges represent a growing challenge to public safety in Ontario. The OACP Cybercrime Working Group will present on a Ontario CyberCrime Strategy; and
- Town Hall Session – have your say!
We are also pleased to announce that Mr. Jim Balsillie, Co-founder of Research in Motion (RIM), has been confirmed as one of our Keynote Speakers. Stay tuned for more confirmed guest presenters and speakers at our event.