Count Down to the Executive Forum! Register Today!
Don’t miss your chance to participate in our Executive Forum taking place from November 8 to 10, 2017 at the Holiday Inn – Toronto Airport, 970 Dixon Road, Toronto.
Ontario’s police leaders have identified a gap in training for mid-level managers currently provided by the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services through the Ontario Police College. This means that the OACP needs to fill in this important gap in our training. That’s why it’s imperative that all police services register their managers and senior leaders today for our OACP Executive Forum. Here are the exciting sessions that are planned for the three days:
- Community Safety and Well-being – Dr. Hugh C. Russell
- Tactical Issues in Policing – Chief Bryan Larkin, Deputy Chief Tim Farquharson, and Mr. Gary Melanson
- Discussion Groups – Under Attack? Challenges to Effective Community Policing
- Just the Facts: The Economics of Policing – Dr. Tom Phillips
- Enhancing and Leading the Policing Profession – Dr. Angelo Caravaggio
- Discussion Groups – The Challenges to Effective Leadership in Policing
- Panel Discussion: Dr. Hugh C. Russell, Dr. Tom Phillips, Dr. Angelo Caravaggio
- Dinner Speaker: Justice Michael Tulloch
- A Briefing on International Threats and Trends – Ms. Heather Lobban, Mr. Pascal Duquet
- A Briefing on Organized Crime – Superintendent Hugh Stevenson
- Discussion Groups – Challenges to Effective Intelligence Gathering at the Community Level
- The Way Ahead Policing: the Government of Ontario’s Perspective – Deputy Minister Matt Torigian
- Senior leaders’ panel Discussion – Chief Kimberley Greenwood, Chief Bryan Larkin and Deputy Chief Scott Tod
- Dinner Speaker: Major General (ret.) David Fraser
- Future of Governance and Professional Development – Chief Murray Rodd, Inspector Lynne Buehler, Mr. Ron Bain
- Open Forum
- Lessons Learned – Chief Murray Rodd and Dr. Angelo Caravaggio
As a bonus, every registrant that attends this forum will receive a copy of Dr. Hugh Russell’s name book, Transforming Community Policing: Mobilization, Engagement, and Collaboration.
Senior police leaders, please register today! Access our website for more information.